Best Luxury Hotels in Bhutan
28 Sep 2023 Umesh Paneru
Bhutan boasts one of the finest 5-star and 4-star luxury hotels that cater to travelers’ needs. All luxury hotels in Bhutan are well-equipped with premium amenities and hosted with warm hospitality. Explore the Bhutan tour enjoying your stay in the best luxury hotels in Bhutan and adoring the nearby natural and cultural attractions. Here is the list of 5-star and 4-star 12 best luxury hotels in Bhutan:
1. Amankora (Thimphu, Paro, Punakha, Gangtey, and Bumthang)
Amankora, the 5-star luxury hotel in Bhutan is the pioneering resort. This resort offers a supreme experience with its five lodges (Thimphu, Paro, Punakha, Gangtey, and Bumthang) in its majestic surroundings.
King-size beds, traditional wood-burning stoves, and banquette window seats, while bathrooms feature
terrazzo-clad bathtubs, twin vanities, a separate shower, and a toilet.
- Thimphu- 16-suites
- Punakha- 8-suites
- Gangtey- 8-suites
- Bumthang- 16-suites
A day starts with a wonderful Bhutanese morning tea like hot ngaja or suja butter tea. At Gangtey Lodge, enjoy a delicious Potato Shed Dinner experience with other Bhutanese cuisine. With live Bhutanese music, savor a barbecue beneath the starry skies.
Featured Dining Experience:
Explore the secrets of traditional Bhutanese cuisine by taking cooking lessons with our skilled chefs.
Flight reservations and visa processing assistance, Airport transfers to/ from Paro Airport to Amankora Paro/ Amankora Thimphu, Personalized itinerary planning, All meals (breakfast and 3-course lunch and dinner), Picnics en route to other Amankora Lodges, The two-story spa is surrounded by glistening conifers in the forest, Facilities include a glass-walled yoga studio, a sauna, and a steam room, Stunning Views from the Dining Room, Enjoy a guided cultural tour, taking in the major museums, institutions, and sights, In-house beverages including house wines and spirits, Wi-Fi access and laundry
2. Six Senses Bhutan (Thimphu, Paro, Punakha, Gangtey and Bumthang)
Six senses 5-star luxury hotels in hotel comprises five lodges set in Thimphu, Paro, Punakha, Gangtey, and Bumthang. It specializes in unique designs with spacious suites and villas.
Experience the diversity and special character of each location in the stylish rooms that offer a contemporary take on traditional Bhutanese architecture and form.
- Lodge Suite
- Upper Lodge Suite
- One-Bedroom Villa
- Two-Bedroom Villa
- Three-Bedroom Villa
- Feudal Ruins Dinner– Unique dinner experience in 12th-century Chubjakha Restaurant under the stars with aromatic surroundings.
- In-Suite Dining– A relaxing and peaceful experience with a Champagne breakfast, picnic, or an evening barbecue prepared by your chef.
Private outdoor deck with mountain and valley views, Natural mat organic bed and bed topper, Beaumont and Brown organic bed linens, Hanse organic pillows and duvet covers, Traditional wood-burning bukhari stove, Writing desk, Private wine fridge and minibar, Six Senses bottled drinking water, Tea and coffee-making facilities, Espresso machine, Fresh beverage facilities, 43-inch TV with cable service, Unlimited Wi-Fi, IDD telephone, In-room safe, Optional privacy screen between bathroom and bedroom, Hairdryer, Yoga mat, Bose Bluetooth speaker, Bathtub, rain shower, and toilet, Wellness facilities with experts, Spa facilities with experts (Hot stone bath, Five treatment rooms including two couple rooms, Steam and sauna, Indoor Yoga Studio, Fitness Center, Indoor pool, Herbal Garden, Alchemy Bar, Manicure and pedicure room), GEM (Guest Experience Maker) service, Private guiding services including transportation services, Well-being with Six Senses Spa and Fitness Center, Multilingual hosts, Yoga classes, Guided meditations, Laundry service, Pool, Resort Activities: Hiking, Archery, Family: Babysitting, Grow With Six Senses, Two- and Three-Bedroom Villas for multi-generation travel, Feet up and relax with in-villa dining, A host of family-friendly activities planned by experts
3. Como Uma (Paro and Punakha)
Como Uma which lies in the beautiful cities of Bhutan is a perfect 5-star luxury hotel that offers quality services with guided exploration.
- Forest View Room– Double Rooms, King size bed, hand-painted traditional Bhutanese wall designs, and a well-appointed bathroom with a combined shower and bathtub.
- Valley View Room- King bed, bathroom with a bathtub, separate shower stall, and Spectacular views from Juliet balconies.
- One-Bedroom Villa- 1 bedroom standalone, separate living room, dressing room, and bathrooms with spacious accommodation.
- Como Villa– 2-bedroom Como Villa amidst diverse flora.
- Como Suite- Oversized suites, separate dining, lounging, and study areas, and a kitchenette.
- Bukhari– Serves seasonally inspired, nourishing cuisine crafted from locally sourced organic ingredients with a fusion of local and international flavors at the highest standard.
- Uma Bar– With an option of private dining option, it is an ideal place for morning coffee, evening cocktail, drink from the extensive wine list, and non-alcoholic smoothie or fruit juice. The all-day dining menu includes Como Shambhala Cuisine.
Access to COMO Shambhala Retreat, Resortwide Wi-Fi access, In-room refreshments, Private bar with tea and coffee-making facilities, Access to Business Centre with library, Twice-daily housekeeping, Babysitting services (upon request and subject to availability), Trekking, travel, and tour assistance from our expert activity desk, COMO Shambhala bathroom amenities, Bhutanese Hot Stone Bath OPERATING HOURS
4. Gangtey Lodge (Gangtey and Pobhjikha)
Gangtey Lodge combines luxury, spiritual exploration, and immersion in Bhutan’s rural culture with its salient design and panoramic valley outlook which is why it is one of the finest 5-star luxury hotels in Bhutan.
Our Main Lodge subtly captures the vibrancy of Bhutanese artwork and monastic design. Local artists and masons worked on the murals and carvings reflecting images and landscapes from the valley.
- Bhutanese farmhouse suites: The suites consist of Bhutanese artwork and monastic design with warm fabrics and earthen tones in true Bhutanese style.
- Gangtey Lodge Dining- Cozy setting with the perfect atmosphere for intimate evening time dining and drinks.
- Private dining woodshed- A memorable and truly unique dining experience in the perfect setting for a cozy and intimate meal in our traditional woodshed.
- Terrace- Savor a morning cup of coffee on the spacious outdoor terrace.
Suites are 46 sqm, Freestanding bath, Swiss wood-burning fireplace, Complimentary experiences, Breakfast and dinner (half-board)/ Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (full-board), Complimentary tea/coffee and cold beverages (except fresh juices and alcoholic beverages), Thann aromatherapy skincare and bath products, Luxury bathrobe and slippers, Hypoallergenic pillows (upon request), Air humidifier (upon request), Luxury turn-down service, Tea/coffee room service, Gangtey Lodge bottled water, Breakfast and dinner (half-board)/ Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (full-board), Complimentary tea/coffee and cold beverages (except fresh juices and alcoholic beverages), Than aromatherapy skincare and bath products, Luxury bathrobe and slippers, Hypoallergenic pillows (upon request), Complimentary daily shoe cleaning and outdoor gear cleaning and drying service, Bhutanese Hot Stone Bath or our selection of bath and spa treatments, in-suite bath, experiences, Gangtey Lodge in-suite spa, Spiritual cleansing (Thrusel)
5. Pemako (Previously Taj Tashi) Resort (Thimphu & Punakha)
Cozy rooms decorated with traditional art marvelously exhibited through hand-drawn murals, the rooms are expressions of inspiring beauty.
- Deluxe Room: 1-3 Persons, King and Twin Bed, Free Wi-Fi
- Deluxe Room with Private Sit Out: 1-3 Persons, King Bed, Free Wi-Fi
- Luxury Room: 1-3 Persons, King Bed, Free Wi-Fi
- Deluxe Suite: 1-4 Persons, King Bed, Free Wi-Fi
- Duplex Suite: 1-4 Persons, King Bed, Free Wi-Fi
- Luxury Suite: 1-4 Persons, King Bed, Free Wi-Fi
- Tented Luxury– Offers the rare opportunity to spend quality time in the vicinity. Each tented villa features a private heated pool, Expansive decks, Bhutanese design Serge Ferrari fabrics Copper fixtures
- The Thongsel- Internationally acclaimed cuisines within the immensity of The Thongsel’s exciting setting.
- Chig Ja Gye- Unparalleled and unmatched Bhutanese cuisines from the famed salted butter tea and Ema Datshi.
- Rimps- Best place for every tea lover from Suja to other famed chais.
- Ara- Pure distilled alcohol, indigenous and international cocktails, and a variety of other drinks listening to the music of your choice in a perfect evening setting.
- Alchemy house: Authentic Bhutanese cuisine served in a restored heritage house
- Soma: International cuisine served with riverside views
- Five Nectars Bar: Immersed in valley views with a wine cellar and private dining
King and Twin Bed, Free Wi-Fi, Swimming pool, World-class gym, Private heated pool, Expansive decks, Serge Ferrari fabrics, Copper fixtures, Lotus Realm Spa, 2 single treatment rooms (34 sqm) – hot-stone bath, bathroom and shower, 1 double treatment room (26 sqm) – bathroom and shower, 1 single treatment room (24 sqm) – bathroom and shower, 2 infrared sauna and steam rooms
6. Le Meridien (Thimphu and Paro)
- Classic King-Guest room, 1 King, Sofa bed, Mountain View
- Classic King, 1 King, Sofa bed, Tub with spray jets, Mini fridge, 32sqm/344sqft, Wireless internet, complimentary, Wired internet, for a fee, Coffee/tea maker, 40in/102cm flat screen TV
- Classic Twin-Guest room, 2 Twins, Sofa bed, Mountain View
- Classic Twin, 2 Twins, Sofa bed, Tub with spray jets, Mini fridge, 32sqm/344sqft, Wireless internet, complimentary, Wired internet, for a fee, Coffee/tea maker, 40in/102cm LCD TV
- Deluxe King-Larger Guest room, 1 King, Sofa bed, River view
- Deluxe King, 1 King, Sofa bed, Tub with spray jets, Mini fridge, 34sqm/366sqft, Wireless internet, complimentary, Wired internet, for a fee, Coffee/tea maker, 40in/102cm flat screen TV
- Deluxe Twin-Larger Guest room, 2 Twins, Sofa bed, River view
- Deluxe Twin, 2 Twins, Sofa bed, Tub with spray jets, Mini fridge, 34sqm/366sqft, Wireless internet, complimentary, Wired internet, for a fee, Coffee/tea maker, 40in/102cm flat screen TV
- Grand Deluxe-1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, River view, Away from elevator
- Grand Deluxe, 1 King, Sofa bed, Tub with spray jets, Mini fridge, 57sqm/613sqft, Wireless internet, complimentary, Wired internet, for a fee, Coffee/tea maker, 40in/102cm flat screen TV
- Corner Suite-1 Bedroom Larger Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, River view, Away from elevator
- Corner Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, Tub with spray jets, Mini fridge, 72sqm/775sqft, Wireless internet, complimentary, Wired internet, for a fee, Coffee/tea maker, 40in/102cm flat screen TV
- Royal Suite-1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, River view, Away from elevator
- Royal Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, Tub with spray jets, Mini fridge, Wireless internet, complimentary, Wired internet, for a fee, Coffee/tea maker, 40in/102cm flat screen TV
- Latest Recipe- Relish multiple global cuisines from its à la carte menu items and perfect for all-day dining.
- Bamboo Chic- Serves Asian-Fusion cuisine for an amazing dining experience for dinner.
Sustainability, Free Wi-Fi, Restaurant, Fitness Center, Spa, Indoor Pool, Meeting Space, Free Continental and Buffet and Full American and Grab n go and Hot Breakfast (Monday-Sunday 6:30 – 10:30 AM, Convenience Store, Gift Shop, Dry Cleaning Service, Laundry, 24-hour Room Service, Wake up Calls, Daily Housekeeping, Turndown Service, Service Request, Le Méridien Hub, Complimentary On-Site Parking
7. Dhensa Boutique Resorts (Punakha)
- 24 suites set in six cottages, private balconies, spacious interiors, and in-suite bathrooms with lavish room services.
- Our restaurant serves all types of meals from home-style Bhutanese cooking to a variety of Western and Asian favorites crafted using local and organic produced foods.
Access to the Dhensa Library, 24-hour front desk, Daily housekeeping and night turn-down service, Complimentary wireless internet, Boutiques, Free Wi-Fi, Restaurant, Room Service, Board Room, Kibu Spa, Open Air Bon Fire, Business Center, Library, Foreign Exchange
8. Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary (Paro)
An ultimate destination with all-inclusive culinary delights, this premier 5-star traditional spa-inclusive resort offers an authentic Bhutanese experience.
- Balcony Room- Stylish traditional Bhutanese-style room with a combined bedroom and living area.
- Terrace Room– Adorned with traditional Bhutanese woodwork it is a spacious on-suite Terrace room.
- The Sanctuary restaurant– It features a unique design, terrace views, a fireplace, and an open kitchen allowing guests and serve the best culinary delights.
Traditional Spa, Tea Bar, Infinity Pool, Restaurant, Terrace or balcony, The Library, Lounge, Bathroom (Bathrobe & slippers, Floor heating, Hairdryer, Locally made amenities, Separate bathtub, Two vanities, Walk-in shower), Rooms (King or twin bed configuration, Air conditioning, Walk-in closet, Safe, Bottled water, Mountain and valley view, Telephone, Minibar with refreshments, Tea & and coffee-making facilities), Private consultation with in-house traditional medicine doctors
9. DusitD2 (Thimphu)
DusitD2 features a design of a beloved national folktale and a beautifully decorated lobby with local artwork. It provides top-notch services such as a spa, a fully equipped gym, and an international restaurant.
- D’Light Room- Contemporary and cool 32-sq. m room radiates coziness offering spectacular views of Thimphu.
- D’Luxe Room- Comforts and convenient room includes the next room connectivity option as well as an additional space in the corner of each floor.
- D’Premier Room- This 39 sq. spacious room is perfect for couples and honeymooners seeking blissful relaxation that offers a loveseat sofa to adore surrounding views.
- D’Chorten Suite- Inviting space suite with two bedrooms, a separate living area, and awesome views.
- Our stylish all-day Soi 8 Dining restaurant offers multi-cuisine prepared by skilled chefs from Bhutan, India, the Philippines, and Thailand.
Complimentary Wi-Fi, Complimentary daily bottled water, Coffee/tea-making facilities, Mini bar, Workspace, Smart HD television with connectivity panel, Bedside control panel with pilot reading light, Complete room amenities set up (hairdryer, bathrobes, bedroom slippers and toiletries set), Separate hot shower and EWC, In-room safe, Spa and Massage Treatments
10. RKPO Green Resort and Dhumra Farm Resort (Punakha)
RKPO Green Resort amalgamates perfectly with a contemporary design and offers magnificent views of the valley.
- Signature Suites- Set in 1 massive traditional modern featured cottage, beautiful sitting, and drawing rooms, spacious interiors, en-suite bathrooms, and equipped with the latest technologies
- Suites– 4 suite rooms set in 1 massive traditional modern featured cottage, beautiful sitting, and drawing rooms, spacious interiors, en-suite bathrooms, and equipped with the latest technologies
- Deluxe rooms- 34 deluxe rooms are set in 5 massive traditional modern featured cottages, beautiful sitting, and drawing rooms, spacious interiors, en-suite bathrooms, and equipped with the latest technologies
- At RKPO Green Resort, foods are served following a farm-to-table approach. The menu features Western classics, beloved Asian dishes, and a taste of Bhutan, all created from seasonal, local, and organic ingredients.
Access to the RKPO Library, 24-hour front desk, Daily housekeeping and night turn-down service, Complimentary wireless internet, Open sky bar with bone fire and spicy grills, Cultural program (On request and would be chargeable), Spa(Chargeable and should be booked on check-in)
11. Nak-Sel Resort (Paro)
Luxury comforts and nature combine for a peaceful escape at a Naksel Boutique Hotel & Spa in the hills of Bhutan offering supreme amenities.
- Superior Room– Dramatic views, heated floors, a bathtub, and a shower with an outdoor common deck
- Deluxe Cottage Room– Spacious, international-size double beds, bathtubs, showers, and private balconies with panoramic views of the Himalayan Mountains
- Junior Suite Rooms- High-rise ceiling, custom wood flooring, rainfall shower, and well-furnished
- Executive Suites- Panoramic views, handcrafted furniture, and rooftop seclusion secure the intimate elements of comfort and luxury
- Olive Restaurant– Features a wide variety of delicious cuisine, from local Bhutanese specialties and Indian favorites to Asian-infused dishes and flavorful Western bites.
- Indoor Fire Place– A cozy fireplace with the aromas of fresh espresso and homemade pastries.
- Chabchu Bar– Assorted selection of domestic and imported beers, wines, and spirits including local favorite, Ara, (Bhutanese rice wine).
Comfortable, open room, Queen-size bed, custom sofa set, and room furniture, Double beds, hand-crafted sofa set, and room furniture, Under-floor heating in room and bathroom with separate controls, Telephone connection with local and IDD facilities, Wireless internet connection, Flat-screen TV with cable connection, Attached private bathroom (5.5m2) with bathtub enclosed with glass curtain and rain shower with full amenities, Private balcony with patio set, Hair dryer, Mini Bar, Electronic Personal Safe, Complimentary tea and coffee-making facilities, Views of Mount Jumolhari, Taktsang Monastery, Sangachoekhor Monastery, and the valley of Tsendona, Free Wi-Fi, Boutique shop, Traditional games, Business center, Menchu Himalayan Herbal Spa
12. Norkhil Resort (Thimphu)
Norkhil Boutique Hotel & SPA is dedicated to the overall well-being of the guests and offers holistic treatments, and organic cuisine, in the aura of a beautiful natural environment.
- Comfort With Balcony- 44 sq.m of Living space, innovative amenities extended in each room, balcony option, and panoramic views of the Thimphu Valley
- Comfort Without Balcony- 44 sq.m comfort rooms, personalized with authentic and elegant modern amenities, traditional hand-painted Bhutanese designs, and Valley and mountain views
- Suite- 71 sq.m largest room of the highest category, living space, separate dining and seating areas, and superb Mountain Views
- Superior with Balcony- 51 sq.m of living space, innovative amenities extended in each room, balcony option, and panoramic views of the Thimphu Valley
- Restaurants- Zama restaurant serves international cuisine, and classic dishes alongside new and inventive creations prepared from fresh and local organic produce by our leading International Chef.
- Bar- A fantastic range of cocktails including a selection of local and international spirits, soft drinks, beer, wines (red and white), teas, and coffees.
- Outdoor terrace- Amazing dining experience with breathtaking views of the city and the valleys.
Panel heater, housekeeping service, In-room television, Wireless internet connection, Tea/coffee maker, Bath towels, Premium bathroom amenities, Mini bar, Telephone line, In-room safe deposit box, Separate work desk, Bathrobe and slippers, Bathtub and glass shower cubicle, Cotton bud, Dental kit, Hairbrush, Sanitary bag, Sewing kit, Shaving kit, Shoe shine kit, Shower cap, Soap, Nor-Spa, Massage Treatment, Steam and Sauna, Fitness Centre.