Nepal Travel-No Mandatory Quarantine anymore for vaccinated travelers
21 Mar 2021 Asia Experiences
“We bring Good news to travelers visiting Nepal. The Nepal government lifted the travel ban back in October. However, travelers of all kinds suffered due to the brief quarantine obligation. It is now lifted with proper control of the pandemic inside the country. It is possible due to the availability of vaccines for COVID-19 worldwide. For Nepal Travel, Travelers no longer need to stay in quarantine after arrival in Nepal.”
Travelers heading to Nepal now will no longer have to stay in quarantine. Earlier, one must stay at least for the specified period of a week. We believe this decision supports the highly controlled COVID conditions in the country. This will help travelers to plan better. Also, to enjoy a hassle-free vacation in Nepal. Similarly, several key restrictions are now flexible. After the most recent guidelines as well to get back to normal of the tourism industry.
During this Friday’s press meeting, Nepal’s Tourism Minister, Mr. Bhanubhakta Dhakal relayed this new information. A good news for the paused travel and tourism in the country. These decisions were outcome of a comprehensive meeting of officials including health and tourism experts completing the panel.
This in no way whatsoever means that Nepal is being reckless with the decision. One requires to show a proof of vaccination report before entering Nepal. It will help to avoid the quarantine obligation. In case you don’t fall under this category, you must take a Covid Test after entering Nepal. Then, stay in quarantine until the result comes Negative. As of now, it might take 12-48 hours for tests and results here. Keeping that in mind, you shouldn’t worry too much about your safety. But, cherish the decision to uplift the old quarantine rules.
A released of sixteen-point notice. Soon after including the updated rules and guidelines for travelers entering Nepal. Here is a summary of everything you should know.
- The Visa rules stay the same. You will have to acquire a visa before entering the nation from the Nepalese consulates in your country.
- For Vaccinated travelers, a visa on arrival (VoA) is provided after a quick health checkup.
- The following documents are compulsory to be with you before entering Nepal: –
- A negative PCR report, taken not before 72 hrs. from the timestamp of your flight.
- Proof of Covid-vaccination (certificate). Else, the pre-acquired visa or the approval letters and documents for your visit.
- Health Insurance covering emergency search, rescue, and treatment during your travel
- For unvaccinated travelers, you have to take a PCR test as soon as you enter Nepal. Until the results come negative, mandatory quarantine before commencing their travel further in Nepal.
- For mountaineers, a separate permit is to be requested with mandatory insurance for COVID.
- Both trekkers and travelers in Nepal must follow the safety guidelines. Travel responsibly throughout their time in Nepal.
Additionally, the Nepal Government has also pledged in focusing more resources. In order to completely recover tourism in Nepal. This assures an even better tourism experience. It also helps to maintain the standards in other tourism-related fields here.
For anyone planning to visit Nepal anytime soon, this notice provides the freedom to carry on traveling in Nepal without much hindrance. Therefore, keep yourself safe and healthy. Step out for your adventure in Nepal now. And, enjoy the bliss of culture and nature once again.